Students are referred to the Assistive Technology Resource Center by Resources for Disabled Students and University Health Services. The Assistive Technology Resource Center must receive a copy of documentation of the disability, as required by ADA and Section 504.
Services are initiated as follows:
- Student is referred to ATRC services by Resources for Disabled Students or University Health Services.
- Student calls to setup an appointment with an ATRC staff member at 970-491-6258.
- Student brings the required documentation to the ATRC and participates in an initial interview with an ATRC staff member to determine potential strategies.
- Student participates in an assessment, in order to match assistive technology to their individual needs.
- Student is trained to use their chosen assistive technology in order to complete academic tasks. Training occurs in the student's desired location on campus.